Recommendations for variable speed pump to replace single speed

igbig

Jul 12, 2017
TX
I am a 4 year pool owner, my pool stays beautifully crystal clear thanks to the great people on this forum and the app. I currently run a 2 H.P. Jandy Pro Series Plus HP pool pump circulating a 17,278 gallon pool with two scuppers. I am looking at upgrading to a Jandy FloPro or PlusHP variable speed pump. Should I get a 1.8 hp or 2.7 hp? Should I consider a Pentair IntelliFlo instead? My father is a master plumber so he will assist in the installation. I am aware of the warranty implications with self install. Any recommendations or input is appreciated.

I am a 4 year pool owner, my pool stays beautifully crystal clear thanks to the great people on this forum and the app. I currently run a 2 H.P. Jandy Pro Series Plus HP pool pump circulating a 17,278 gallon pool with two scuppers. I am looking at upgrading to a Jandy FloPro or PlusHP variable speed pump. Should I get a 1.8 hp or 2.7 hp? Should I consider a Pentair IntelliFlo instead? My father is a master plumber so he will assist in the installation. I am aware of the warranty implications with self install. Any recommendations or input is appreciated.
Get the 2.7hp over the 1.8hp. For vs pump that's a better option.

Ig,

You have another option that you may want to consider. Since your pump is actually pretty new you can replace the motor only. It's very easy to do. There are several brands available and they are all made by major motor manufacturers. I used the Century V-Green model. How do you plan to control the speeds? Most have an internal timer that works for most applications. If you use a pool automation system this may require and interface module in addition to the motor and/or pump depending on the brand you select.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.