Recently Changed Bearings and Booster Pump Loud Again - Please HELP

jobondur

Dec 13, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
When I opened up my pool this year, my booster pump was making a lot of noise. It worked correctly, but the pump was much louder than normal. So last Friday I changed out the bearings, seals, and gaskets. It seemed to work because the booster pump was quiet again. Today, I came home and heard the booster pump being very loud again. It basically sounds like it did before I changed the bearings. Is there something else it could be or should I just suck it up and get a new booster pump? Below is a link to YouTube that has a video of how loud it is. When the video starts you will hear my pool pump running, then you will hear a click that is the Polaris timer and the booster pump will turn on, then at the end you will hear another click which is me cutting the booster pump back off. Notice that it is WAY louder than the pool pump. The booster pump is 5 years old.

http://youtu.be/xow4Tc9p35o

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.