Recent Test

Add the chlorine now. Then pick a time of day, each day, that you can test and add your chlorine. With a CYA of 60 your FC target should be 7-9 ppm.

It would be best to let your CYA level come down some. If you see you are going to get some rain drain off some water and let the rain fill it up. The CYA will also degrade a bit during the summer.

Yeah thats what I’m going to do. When we know we’re going to get some rain I’ll let some go and keep at it. I’m going to the store to get liquid chlorine Tommorrow. They stated 10.5% is the highest they carry in liquid form. So based on the app I need to place 70oz, sound correct to you?

Secondly, I want to say THANK YOU for always being there to respond I have learned so much and glad to know the results aren’t terrible. I would imagine as you stated earlier by releasing some water my CH will come down as well solving both issues.

70 oz would be good. Circulate the pool for 30-45 minutes after adding and test the FC. See if you are close.

Find a good supply for liquid chlorine. Some pool stores will fill returnable jugs that you pay a deposit on. Better than filling the land fill with plastic bottles.

Also -- my shameless plug ---
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Become a TFP Supporter!

Yes the infamous Leslie’s offers for 5.50 a jug and offers for 7.50 2.5 gallons of chlorine. I appreciate the insight on how the site is run and I will most certainly make a donation. Now the app states to bring the CYA to 50 I would need to drain 20% or so. I think I will in a few weeks take a little off in two spurts or so. Other then closing return jets and making sure my lights are submerged the whole time what else should I be aware of when draining the pool? If I have three fountains I would think I should turn those off so I don’t get a lot of air in the main drain.

Lastly, I read via the ebook online I bought front TFP that I can dump the chrloine right in without mixing, is this okay or do YOU mix it?

Add the liquid chlorine in a small stream directly at a return with the pump running. Do not double handle it (nor muriatic acid).

The app is just our recommended levels. I would not stress over the bit higher CYA. You now understand it and know you have to run a higher FC. No big deal. When it rains, get some fresh water in the pool.

Great job on the testing Michael!

If you've compared your result to Leslie's you'd see they were way off on the CH and CYA. Trust your results. Don't worry about the CH @400. You can work with that. Read up on Calcium Scaling and CSI and keep your CSI in the -0.01 to-0.3 range by adjusting your pH and TA. The 2.5 gallon container of chlorine for $7.50 is a good deal around here if its 12.5%. Our Leslie's around here don't sell it.

So we had some people in the pool yesterday so to get used to the testing I rerun the 7 point test and I got the following:

FC 4
CC 0
CH 375
TK: 50
CYA: 60
Ph 7.5

When I was swimming I noticed some areas (photos attached) is this scale or my plaster still curing? The pool is 3 months old. I have noticed in some areas it comes and goes? Thoughts?

Attachments

• E9BF936E-4B39-47CF-9F43-629ACCBA156E.jpeg
    E9BF936E-4B39-47CF-9F43-629ACCBA156E.jpeg
    738.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8E9E1432-0B74-4140-80C3-C16EAFA26181.jpeg
    8E9E1432-0B74-4140-80C3-C16EAFA26181.jpeg
    689 KB · Views: 9
Your FC is too low for CYA 60. See FC/CYA Chart. FC should be 7-9 and a minimum of 5.

I am not sure exactly what bothers you in the pics. You have some areas on the edge of the steps where the cream of the plaster was not washed off as much to expose the stones. That is normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.