Rebuilding Backwash Setup.

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
When my pool equipment was installed years ago the backwash was not design well. Long story short, all plumbing for my backwash have been cut up to the pump and I'm looking to find a way to make it both aesthetically pleasing and easy to function.

My initial thoughts are to just plumb the pipe into the ground and have it run to the other side of the fence (which will be the front yard) and from there, I can have some sort of attachment where I would hook up a short backwash hose to the street like I always did before.

Looking for any insight if there are other options I'm not thinking about. Seems like a pretty straight forward issue.

I would do are you suggest-using curves and pipe I would drop the backwash pipe down and out underground to the other side of the wall. THEN i would make a french drain of sorts so you don't have to use the backwash hose at all! I am thinking digging a trench lining it with stone and putting at least 3" PVC pipe in it that you drill holes into all over it to let the water out. I am thinking you can step down the pipe from3" to2 to 1 then capping it at the end to make the water come out the holes you put in the pipe. I would play with it before I dug the trench to make sure it can handle the flow from the backwash.

Kim:kim:

I would do are you suggest-using curves and pipe I would drop the backwash pipe down and out underground to the other side of the wall. THEN i would make a french drain of sorts so you don't have to use the backwash hose at all! I am thinking digging a trench lining it with stone and putting at least 3" PVC pipe in it that you drill holes into all over it to let the water out. I am thinking you can step down the pipe from3" to2 to 1 then capping it at the end to make the water come out the holes you put in the pipe. I would play with it before I dug the trench to make sure it can handle the flow from the backwash.

Kim:kim:

Thanks.

I didn't think about it before, but I have my drain cleanouts in the front yard not too far from this fence. Could I just plumb into that or is that not generally recommend to mess with the house plumbing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.