Southern NH
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm not a structural engineer but I be pretend to be a mechanical engineer for my nine-to-five job. I always thought you wanted the rebar in the center of concrete. Is it okay for the rebar to be directly on crushed stone they put above the sandy soil? First time poster long time reader of this site.

Attachments

• 20210817_172642_HDR~2.jpg
    20210817_172642_HDR~2.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 66
Rebar laying on the ground is not correct. Rebar need to be encased on all sides by the gunite or shotcrete. To do that rebar is placed off the ground using spacers often called chairs. That lets the gunite flow around the rebar.

My pre-gunite inspection originally failed because 2 areas of the rebar didn’t have the clearance that those blocks posted above provide. The steel team came back the next day and corrected the issue. The inspector passed it the second time.

Your steel team isn’t done. They’ll be back.

Reactions: Davegnh
I'll ask the PB was just a bit concerned but only being half knowledgeable about concrete build process. I can see why it may be difficult to keep it above the ground while they're still laying it down. Thanks for replies

Good timing just heard back from the pool builder said they put spacers under the rebar before the gunite team arrives....
Panic over.

My steel also went in with bricks under it. They also used nails to hold it away from the wall framing. My town also zero inspections - good thing is no delays, but bad part is us homeowners are the only ones keeping builders honest!

Good timing just heard back from the pool builder said they put spacers under the rebar before the gunite team arrives....
Panic over.
Years and years ago when I did concrete work with my dad, we would always do the steel on the ground and then add the spacers an hour before the cement trucks were showing up.

If we did them ahead of time, they would get knocked over or someone would try to walk on the rebar and bend it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.