Edmond OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I found this article pretty accurate compared to most things I read about saltwater pools. The only thing I even found questionable was the statement that salt can degrade some materials. But they only mentioned metal, which I suppose could be true to some extent. I don't have any ladder or other metal items with which to confirm or deny.

At least they didn't mention breaking down stonework, which is the most common fallacy I see.

OK I read it. The article is simplistic and from my understanding, contains a lot of untrue and misleading things. Sounds like it was written by someone that knows nothing at all about pools of any type and interviewed 1 person that once saw a saltwater pool for his source. I would not recommend this article for anyone. I actually feel dumber by reading it.

Saltwater pool chlorine doesn’t produce the same amount of chloramines, which are the byproduct of store-bought chlorine and are primarily responsible for strong chlorine smells, eye redness, and skin irritation.
Where does this come from?

With a saltwater pool, the electrolytic chlorine generator only adds chlorine as needed, so users don’t need to worry about adding chlorine or having to use multiple chemicals to regularly balance the pool water composition. Just add salt at the beginning of the swimming season and monitor the levels with bi-weekly tests. Add additional salt as necessary to maintain the chlorine levels in the pool.
Huh? WRONG!

Unfortunately, when it comes to a saltwater pool, most people don’t have the expertise required to deal with repairs on their own. The electrolytic chlorine generator is a complicated piece of equipment that should only be repaired by an expert technician to ensure that it’s working correctly and that the water is safe for swimming.
Yeahhh..... riighhtt.....

The soft feeling that is often associated with saltwater pools is typically due to the low level of chlorine and total dissolved solids in the pool.
OOOOOOOOO k.....

Bottom line is BOB VILLA! He is a joke anything he is involved with is wrong.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.