Really confused about what to do, please HELP

Maintain shock level until pool is crystal clear. To speed up clarification, brush twice a day, vacuum once a day, and add DE to filter when you have a day you can monitor the pressure on the filter. The is a link to adding DE at the bottom of the SLAM article.

After pool is clear and CC <= 0.5, perform the OCLT which is also a link in the SLAM article.

I recommend reading the SLAM article again. It makes more sense to read it once you have started the process.

Update as of 7-16 6PM. Went out of town for a couple hours this morning and afternoon. Came home and FC was 15, CC was .5. But the biggest news of all is for the first time in over 2 weeks I can finally start to see the bottom of my pool! :D This is working, thank you all!

I think tonight I will see how the OCLT goes. The pool is looking amazing thanks to all of you.

19151355163_886ac79dc0_z.jpg

19149661354_94939787ab_z.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Small update. Looks like I passed the OCLT. Last night's test showed FC at 12.5 , CC at 0. This morning FC 12, CC 1.

I'll let FC drift down to normal levels and test for Ph and TA and see where we need to go from there.

Thanks for all the advice. If it wasn't for you all I'd probably still be adding gallons of Muratic acid and have a really mad wife lol

Small update. Looks like I passed the OCLT. Last night's test showed FC at 12.5 , CC at 0. This morning FC 12, CC 1.

I'll let FC drift down to normal levels and test for Ph and TA and see where we need to go from there.

Thanks for all the advice. If it wasn't for you all I'd probably still be adding gallons of Muratic acid and have a really mad wife lol
Just a caution that, with CC at 1.0, you haven't yet met all the criteria of the OCLT. Please don't let chlorine levels come down yet, until that third criterion is met (i.e. do another OCLT tonight).

Your pool looks beautiful - you're very close to done!

Update. Passed two nights of OCLT with loosing less than 1PPM of FC each time. Pool is crystal clear. Numbers right now are

FC 4.5
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 170
CYA 51

Is TA something I need to be worried about?
I know I've said it a hundred times already, but thank you all.

Awesome! Congrats!

TA only needs to be worked on in relation to how your PH is acting. If your PH is stable then leave TA alone. Usually, high TA, above 100ish, will cause your PH to rise. When your PH rises to 7.8 add muriatic acid to lower PH to 7.2. Doing this repeatedly will slowly lower your TA over time and eventually your PH and TA will find balance. Or, if you want to speed the process you can lower TA more aggressively by following this process, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity.

^^^ I had to do this with my TA after my SLAM because my PH kept rising very fast. Just test your FC and PH every day. Those are the daily tests. You want to figure out your pools personality and how much chlorine/bleach you need to add each day to keep your water at the minimum FC for your CYA.

[emoji176] Lisa P.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.