Ready to tackle a hot tub!

Good Morning TFP Community!

After 7 months of perfect success with a TFP pool, thanks to this Forum and all of the awesome contributors, We are ready to tackle a hot tub. I have spent many hours (more like days) here and online researching what I feel will be best for our personal use . We are pretty limited in our immediate area area for dealers, however we do have a family run AGP and spa store within 10 miles from us that has been there well over 25 years. I have dealt with them for AGP replacement parts, and they were always first to offer a perfect condition used part (rails specifically, our pool was second hand when we got it) vs. ordering new from a manufacturer for ten times the price.
Last weekend we visited the store to try to get an idea of the price range of what we were interested in. After researching the brands locally available, I pretty much had it narrowed down to a Hot Springs Model, out of their Limelight collection. in mind. When we got to the store, I was up front in stating that we were in the beginning stages of researching and that it would be a good 6-8 months before the purchase actually happened. The Gentleman we were speaking with had no negative reaction to this, so the conversation continued!
Not knowing where to start (shopping for these is like an awkward first date), I brought up my lists of wants (4-6 ppl, ss adjustable jets, longevity, and economical to run) and my list of not wants (110v, mineral systems or ozonators) and also that bells and whistles were not necessary (Fancy lights, waterfalls, speakers, etc.)
After speaking for a few minutes about the lower brand models that they dealt with (which I already new I did not want), We finally got to the Hot Springs brand. I had mentioned the models I thought I may be interested in, and he actually suggested instead of something from the Limelight collection, we consider the HOT Spot collection, which is several thousand less, sighting for the Dollar difference, we really were not loosing anything other than some fancy lights, and a circulation pump, which he felt was unnecessary and even a hinderance in our hot summer climate.
So, we pretty much agreed on two models that fit the bill for us, (without ever discussing my budget, let alone the high range of what I was looking to spend!) and it is coming down to two models, The Relay (with lounge) or Rythym (no lounge). We will not be wet testing until it comes closer to actual purchase time (food vs pay car off early so we can buy a hot tub!)...but I just wanted a few opinions from this community while I mull it over:
1) Anything I may be forgetting to research
2) Does anyone have experience with either of these models and have any thoughts or opinions?
3) I understand the lounger is quite subjective..The salesperson actually recommended against it, sighting that almost 99% of people dislike them. I am trying to decide If I even want to make them go through the trouble of having the model with the lounge ready for a wet test, or just forgo it all together.
4) Don't know if we are allowed to talk pricing on this forum or not, If we are: (If not please edit)
We were given a price of $6,500..negotiable. We will not be financing through them, so he stated the price is always negotiable, especially, cash. The tub comes with cover, lifter, steps, start up package, delivery and set up. I would like to tell them to remove the start up package and just to place the tub in it's spot (I will fill, purge, etc. in accordance with TFP guidelines) and give a go at $5,800. Does this seem reasonable. (demographically we are in Central FL, west coast, not a large city for comparison)
5) Does anyone see any red flags from what I described? I actually came out of the store feeling really good about what we were told and how we were treated.

Any insight, opinions or comments are well welcomed as I trust and truly respect this community! I am scared to make a move without your help on this one!

P.S. Is it wrong to take your test kit to a wet test!? It gives me the heebee jeebies that I will have no control over the water!

Thank you kindly!

What method of sanitation will you use?

If possible, I'd ask if the unit can be used with salt water as there are drape-over SWGs available that can make it much easier to maintain a constant FC level if you plan to go with chlorine.

UV isn't a bad idea in a hot tub as it can help to cut down on bather waste but it's only really useful if you can control it (ON/OFF) otherwise running it all the time will be unnecessary.

No idea on pricing. Only way to truly know if you're getting a deal is to shop around.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Chlorine will be my sanitizer. The tub is SWG compatible, as they offer an ACE swg available as an upgrade. I did see the aftermarket drape over ones, but haven't done much in the way of research into them as of yet. There is always something more to learn! Guess I have a reading assignment for today when work is slow.

My personal opinion is that I dislike lounges. It takes up the space of two or more regular seats, and I tend to float up out of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.