Ready to switch to SWG.

thecardmaker

Silver Supporter
May 27, 2020
Houston, TX
I’m the one who maintains the pool, which is at my in-laws house not ours. I’m beyond tired of daily trips to add chlorine. My husband is ready to buy & install SWG for my benefit. He’s super handy with pretty much everything, but I’m the researcher. I’ve been reading in forums, etc….stopped him from buying a 15,000 SWG.

Is the pic a good one for us? What else should we be considering before proceeding?

Thank you!
562E6A17-1246-4325-8100-A15921A027DF.jpeg

Does this pool have automation?
If so, it's best to stick with the same brand SWG as the automation.
If no automation, many here have installed and had good luck with the Circupool brand.

No matter which brand you choose, be sure it is rated for at least 2x the pool volume. In your case, that would be a SWG rated for 30,000 gallons at a minimum. I'm in Arizona and just installed a SWG rated for 45,000 gallons - a Circupool RJ45+.

Many times, Circupool has a $10 upgrade offer. Buy the RJ30+ and upgrade to the RJ45+ for $10 more.

There’s no automation.

We’ve considered Circupool and don’t really know enough to be sure on the brand. I followed a link from another thread that rated SWG. It led us to consider Circupool first, but then it was pointed out that the link could have a connection with Circupool, which dropped our confidence level of the ratings found there.

Many many people here have Circupool. I don’t have mine for long enough to rate quality. But many brands required a licensed installer to honor the warranty. I can’t say about the Hayward warranty on the SWG, but the warranty on my Hayward Heat Pump is a joke because it was DIY.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For your pool, I would go the RJ-45 route. I have the RJ-60 (I have a 30K gallon pool). I too went through the same analysis last year.

Circupool warranty, with the DIY, is one of the better ones out there. Install was simple. Had one question, got my answer with one call.

I chose the RJ over the easier install versions because of the 5% adjustments. I guess I'm just "extra."

Reactions: thecardmaker
I chose the RJ over the easier install versions because of the 5% adjustments. I guess I'm just "extra."
Right , the CORE (and the SJ if I’m not mistaken) adjusts in 25% increments.

For your pool, I would go the RJ-45 route.
Unless you are like me and think why get 3x the size on my pool if I can get 4x…. The general recommendation is at least twice…. No real need for 4x

Unless you are like me and think why get 3x the size on my pool if I can get 4x…. The general recommendation is at least twice…. No real need for 4x
You are, obviously, correct. I missed that the pool was 12K. I would think the RJ-30 would be more appropriate in the RJ line.

And, yes, I am like you. I'd take the 4x, especially with the 10$ upgrade on circupool with discount salt pools.

Without reading the previous posts, I’m not having anything from Hayward if I can avoid them. I think the products are cheap Crud. They used to be the gold standard and sold out. Just like Carrier and Cadillac.
I bought a Circupool RJ60+ SWG and it’s been a game changer. Less work! Zero struggles with algae, much more stable chemistry. I’m happy with the Circupool equipment. SWG is the way to go.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Just bought a new Circupool RJ60 for my pool using the $10 upgrade offer. I had a Circupool at my previous home for over 10 years and loved it. Their warranty and service is great. When you call the tech line for service they are always very helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.