Ready to give up

Jun 10, 2021
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Coleman above ground Swim Vista 2, Intex 2800 filter/pup, dolphin vacuum…. Still no luck. Cloudy as can be everything settled to the bottom but vacuum only stirs it up. Filter pressure is reading border line red. New sand, new inner pipe. Return going back into pool is very low.

Attachments

• BDA170AE-F7FD-47DB-BCCF-579C17E89941.jpeg
    BDA170AE-F7FD-47DB-BCCF-579C17E89941.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 8B9A0543-846F-49A7-B1CF-D6C82F64DA97.jpeg
    8B9A0543-846F-49A7-B1CF-D6C82F64DA97.jpeg
    488.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 313D5CE2-5352-46F0-8B9F-B51A55C6EADF.jpeg
    313D5CE2-5352-46F0-8B9F-B51A55C6EADF.jpeg
    800.2 KB · Views: 19
Coleman above ground Swim Vista 2, Intex 2800 filter/pump, dolphin vacuum…. Still no luck. Cloudy as can be everything settled to the bottom but vacuum only stirs it up. Filter pressure is reading border line red. New sand, new inner pipe. Return going back into pool is very low. HELP

You're in the right place! Folks here will help. The first thing folks will ask for is info about your pool (how many gallons), what you're using (chlorine tablets, bottles of liquid chlorine, etc) and testing. On the testing part, you'll need a good, easy to read, test kit, such as the TF-100. TF-100 Test Kit ™ Strips are junk. Pool store results aren't much better.

I'll leave it at that for now and let the experts chime in. There are plenty of people here who can help but step one is going to be getting accurate test results, so you aren't just throwing theoretical solutions at the problem.

Reactions: Confused Puppy
Welcome to the forum!
As David said, TFPC can assist if you decide to get the tools to let us.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

So I have the above mentioned pool in the title and having all kinds of issues with it. Let me first say I have upgraded the pump and filter to the Intex sand 2800gph unit. I do not have the dual output hoses as I have only one going into the pump. Another thing is the part where you can lock and unlock the flow is on the output instead of the return. Would any of this matter in use?
I recently had to get a new inner pipe for the filter as it cracked so that is new along with the sand but now I’m getting very little flow back into the pool and my gauge is reading border line red. I have issues after issues trying to get this pool going. I have been working on it since March.

Attachments

• C00CF045-DCAF-4AD3-87A1-BF20EDB80842.jpeg
    C00CF045-DCAF-4AD3-87A1-BF20EDB80842.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the forum!
As David said, TFPC can assist if you decide to get the tools to let us.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
If I can not vacuum up what falls to the bottom should I be adding anything else right now?

Did you order your test kit? You won't get much real help until you do and can give the members of the forum some real facts to go by. I assure you we can help you make pool ownership easy, but you have to invest in a proper test kit. Until you get your kit, only add liquid chlorine (Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc) to keep chlorine levels up.

Obviously this is only a strip test as I ordered a kit but the main issue is not necessarily what to add until I can figure how to get all the crud out of my pool

Attachments

• A9E65CE0-E5A3-48A9-BE88-A1BEEAA18EBD.jpeg
    A9E65CE0-E5A3-48A9-BE88-A1BEEAA18EBD.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 5
Do what Marty told you. Add 5ppm of LC daily until your test kit arrives. Get a rake style net and scoop as much stuff out of the bottom of your pool as you can.

@Confused Puppy
Please Understand that algea is a result of not enough chlorine in the water. It’s not a filtration problem generally. When your chlorine is too low the algae multiplies faster than any filter or vacuum can remove . To get ahead of it you’ll must perform the SLAM Process as directed above after you are able to do so properly with one of the kits mentioned. Until then u are in a hold pattern (just adding 5ppm fc/daily) to just prevent it from getting worse until u can take proper action.
You can continue to run your robot & filter (backwashing as necessary) just know that alone will not clear your pool.
If you have scoopable organic debris you should try to get that out with a net as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.