Ready to get started

Day 3 of SLAM. Bleach jug graveyard!

IMG_20150813_163316.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I added some fill water to replace loss from backwashing and rinse. Do I need to check my PH again or can I assume because the PH was OK when I tested my fill water that the PH is still OK in the pool?:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BUT if you have read any of the green to clean threads you KNOW that sickly green is closer to blue that deep green! LOL

It will get lighter and lighter green then go towards blue.............THEN TO CLEAR!

Kim

Hello,

I'm excited the SLAM is underway, and will be following your progress. I just went from Green to Sheen myself. :)

To answer your question.

Day 3 of SLAM. Bleach jug graveyard!
- - - Updated - -
Do I need to check my PH again or can I assume because the PH was OK when I tested my fill water that the PH is still OK in the pool?:

If your Chlorine levels are above 10, you do Not test pH at all that's why you get it at around 7.2 before starting your slam. During the Slam process, with your high FC levels the pH reading will not be accurate. So save your reagents, for after the Slam :)

IMG_20150816_075504.jpg

Day 6 of SLAM. This was taken this morning. I feel like it is getting better but not as fast as I expected, or as fast as I have seen others near my condition in the inspirational threads. Could I be missing something? I add bleach to reach FC 16 at least twice (usually 3 times),daily. I brush everyday and vacuumed yesterday too. Am I just being impatient?

You need to be testing and adding at least every couple of hours when you can. The more you test and add the faster it goes. You should only let up on that once the FC starts to hold between testing.

Sand filters sometime take a little longer to clear the dead algae. There are articles that talk about adding a tiny amount of DE to help them along. But I think you still have some bleach work to do before you are ready for that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.