Re-routing softened house water to faucet (Any plumbers out there?)

jp4LSU

Jun 22, 2021
DFW, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So my well water has a CH of 350 to 375, therefore my pool now has a CH of 675 after being in service since September.
My pool fill is attached to my faucet, and my faucets are bypassed and don't go through my water softener. My plumbing is PEX and runs in the attic. I was contemplating getting up there and splicing the facet line to a sink line nearby.
This requires me too:
-Put a valve on the faucet line ahead of the splice where I can keep the untreated water from going to the splice and then to the faucet.
-Then splice the remaining faucet line into a water line going to a sink.

I have pex tools, clamps, and some pex laying around. Anybody see a problem with this?
My other option would be to do what I've seen some of the guys do an put a softener at the pool equipment pad. That brings in more work for me in that I would need to re-rout the pool fill to the equipment pad then set up the softener. I don't know where I would discharge it though during regen.

I'm assuming your current softener is in your garage? Is there no access or way to run your autofill line to the softener? That's where I connected a separate line for my pool. I spiced into the outgoing line at the back of the water softener itself before the line with softened water goes back into the house walls.

Thanks T-Splash. So what did you do with the original line going to the faucet or auto fill line. I haven't setup an autofill yet so my fill line is connected to my faucet and I manually turn it on when needed. So is your auto fill tied into your outdoor faucet? If so you would've had to cut and cap off the old faucet line and extend the faucet line into the softener location....right?

So what did you do with the original line going to the faucet or auto fill line.
At the back of my softener I simply cut into the outgoing line that takes softened water back into the house and installed a "T" to split soft water not only to the house but also to a spigot out back (for the pool). I can post a pic later when I get home.

Got it, that makes sense. But the faucet was connected to a line previously that was un-softened, correct? What did you do at that connection? Disconnect the faucet line and cap that off?
Thanks again.

But the faucet was connected to a line previously that was un-softened, correct? What did you do at that connection? Disconnect the faucet line and cap that off?
I think my pic will clear that up. My house was built new, so visualize it had a softener "loop" in the garage. Originally I had to cut into that loop so that new (hard) water goes into the back of the softener, then the treated (soft) water comes out and goes back into the line that feeds then entire house with softened water. It's at the outlet that I split soft water from not only going into the house but also out back for the pool (or to wash cars).

To be honest, I haven't gotten up there in the attic to see how this faucet line is connected to the hard water. The hard water goes into wall, splits into outdoor faucets and then to water softener.
Not knowing exactly what is going in the wall, that is why I was thinking it might be easier to splice the faucet line in with a bathroom sink line at that end of the house. I just need to get up there and see what is going on.
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.