Re-plumb to improve flow rate?

You probably don't have much margin for error.

If the flow drops even a little bit due to a dirty filter or clogged baskets, the heater will turn off.

You have to give yourself some margin for flow drop depending on how much the flow will drop in normal conditions.

If you are really good about keeping the filter and baskets clean, you don't need as much margin.

You want to avoid the pressure switch being right on the edge of closing or opening, which will cause operational problems.

You probably don't have much margin for error.

If the flow drops even a little bit due to a dirty filter or clogged baskets, the heater will turn off.

You have to give yourself some margin for flow drop depending on how much the flow will drop in normal conditions.

If you are really good about keeping the filter and baskets clean, you don't need as much margin.

You want to avoid the pressure switch being right on the edge of closing or opening, which will cause operational problems.
You guys are way over my head with the curves and math But I kept mine right about the SWG pressure threshold (3 pis ) until one day I wondered my my pool was dull and noticed the low flow light was on :( Filter ( which is way over kill ) was a little dirty.Now I keep it closer to 4
Plus I checked amps from 1800 to 2100 and it wasn't a lot more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.