Raypak pool gas heater model 406A remote control.

gcooley1

Sep 1, 2022
Nashville,TN
I have a Viron Connect 10 system. Currently I don't think anything is connected to my raypak/rheem heater for remote mode. I would need to wire it in from the connect 10 system. Currently I can turn on and off from the connect 10 app but I want to control temperature. I believe this can be done if I somehow wire into the digital panel following this link as a two wire application:

I already have the temperature sensor hooked up to the line that is going into the heater. Now I just neeed to figure out how to hook up the wires coming from the heater to the connect 10 system so that it'll turn it off and on at the programmed temp. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, as opposed to other remote systems, the Viron controls the heater by applying power to the heater and not using a relay to interrupt the 24v control circuit. You need the Viron temperature sensor. Section 9 of your manual indicates the procedure.

Apparently, as opposed to other remote systems, the Viron controls the heater by applying power to the heater and not using a relay to interrupt the 24v control circuit. You need the Viron temperature sensor. Section 9 of your manual indicates the procedure.
So if I have the Viron temperature sensor(which I do), then do I not need to connect it to the remote connection explained in the rheem video I posted above? I think the answer is yes. Because all it does is turn the power on and off to the heater that is set to the highest position.

So if I have the Viron temperature sensor(which I do), then do I not need to connect it to the remote connection explained in the rheem video I posted above? I think the answer is yes. Because all it does is turn the power on and off to the heater that is set to the highest position.
With the heater powered on, set the heater to its highest setting (104). Leave the rocker switch in the "on" position. Turn the heater off at the Viron, you're in business. You will not be tapping into the control circuitry, which is what the video is explaining. Basically it will be like turning a lamp on and off.
On the plus side, if there is ever an issue with the heater, one troubleshooting step has been eliminated. Can't think of a negative to that way of operation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.