Raypak manufacturing defects

Poolbreh

In The Industry
Jul 31, 2021
San Diego
At one point I only installed Raypak and loved them for years. Minimal rat problems easy to work on, very responsive warranty work(in my area) and this still hasn’t changed.
I just want to forewarn this lovely community that over the last year Raypaks assembly line has been a bit shotty. I refuse to install any more Raypak heaters going forward until the problems have been addressed.
The problems being, leaking header, and or sensors leaking into cabinet.
Return header and plug leaking into cabinet. They are not always apparent upon installation and can form over time resulting in extensive rusting of cabinet and firewall and burners.
If you are considering Raypak please do your own research and inspect the headers regularly. If you have installed one in the last year, please open both side panels and make sure you don’t have a leak. Usually they are very slow and unnoticeable unless you look inside.
If there is a leak and any signs of rust I would contact Raypak.
I hope this is allowed mods if not feel free to delete.
Love you, swim well.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thanks for the valuable information.

Let us know when Raypak gets their quality back. It seems like many companies are being challenged.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thanks for the heads up. I'll pull the covers this weekend and take a peek inside as mine was only built back in March.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.