Raypak heater

lobo56

Jun 25, 2018
Clarksburg, nj
Maybe someone can help me with a problem with my raypak 336 heater . Its a year old ran great all last year started it up this month I had flame roll-out and had to replace the rollout thermal coupler. Before starting it back up I pull the burner assembly nothing was dirty at all I also took my camera and took a photo of the heat exchanger to dee if it was blocked by soot i can still see the cooper color on the fins so it wasn't blocked. I put the burner assembly back in and started the heater same thing happened roll out . The burner flame is yellow not blue doesn't look like there's a lot of pressure could the gas valve be bad and not opening all the way?

It is doubtful that the gas valve is partially opening.Check the insides of the burners for spider webs first. Check the orifices (brass inserts with a hole) on the gas manifold ( U bend pipe coming out of the gas valve to feed the burners ) and try cleaning with a pipe cleaner or removing the gas valve and manifold by opening at the pipe union before the gas valve (after shutting off the gas feed), removing the valve/manifold mounting brackets and completely removing the orifices to inspect for blockages ( spider webs/dirt) as a last resort. If everything is clear in the burners and orifices you would then need to check the gas supply pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.