Featured Raypak Flame Rollout around pilot

OK, 2 votes for the stack.... I'll keep y'all posted!
I'll agree to disagree. I work on those all the time and if the vegetation is not up against it and you can walk around it then that is not your problem. Take the removable cover off the top and look if there's debris on the top of the heat exchanger but it can also be sooted up from age and need to be cleaned out so there should be reason for the updraft to happen. Very carefully you can use a airgun with lower pressure and work it up and down all the rows to clear the spaces between the fins. Don't let the airgun touch nor the pressure be too high. That has worked for me time and again. My last raypak also had a roll out issue and besides changing the complete burner tray I also did the heat exchanger cleaning. All works like brand new now.

I'll agree to disagree. I work on those all the time and if the vegetation is not up against it and you can walk around it then that is not your problem. Take the removable cover off the top and look if there's debris on the top of the heat exchanger but it can also be sooted up from age and need to be cleaned out so there should be reason for the updraft to happen. Very carefully you can use a airgun with lower pressure and work it up and down all the rows to clear the spaces between the fins. Don't let the airgun touch nor the pressure be too high. That has worked for me time and again. My last raypak also had a roll out issue and besides changing the complete burner tray I also did the heat exchanger cleaning. All works like brand new now.
I appreciate the additional input. Unfortunately I have already cleaned the heat exchanger and the main burners work great - it's just the pilot that is rolling out.

And I have had RayPak atmospheric heaters on commercial properties that were in an area with high walls that you could easily walk around that the stack solved a rollout issue.
A heater that is "sooting" can have low gas pressure or improper ventilation which can be caused by its installation location not a allowing an updraft from the combustion chamber.

Are we talking real walls here then that's a different issue where I see your point.
Walls/solid fencing so the equipment wasn't seen, even from the balconies of the apartments. That's what I was told when asked why they were so high. I didn't install the heaters, but the service company couldn't figure why the rollout.
While I don't like the complexity of the new heaters, those combustion fans have eliminated this problem as far as I have seen. I just don't like telling customers how much a repair will be after troubleshooting.