Raypak 406a "Sensor Failure"

russhull

May 16, 2021
dallas
Hello TFP community,
I have newer control board (replaced 2 years ago) and am having troubles firing up the pool heater.

I get the error "Sensor Failure" with nothing else to go on.

* It is not a temperature issue as that is reading correctly (replaced about 4 times over 4 years).
* I was running the heater straight for 24-48 hours when the error occurred.
* Rebooted heater multiple times
* checked water flow.
* HI limit 1 and 2 both are good

When turning on the unit it will cycle between
* No demand
* Spark (1 or 2 times)
* Sensor Failure

Any advise is appreciated.

Hello TFP community,
I have newer control board (replaced 2 years ago) and am having troubles firing up the pool heater.

I get the error "Sensor Failure" with nothing else to go on.

* It is not a temperature issue as that is reading correctly (replaced about 4 times over 4 years).
* I was running the heater straight for 24-48 hours when the error occurred.
* Rebooted heater multiple times
* checked water flow.
* HI limit 1 and 2 both are good

When turning on the unit it will cycle between
* No demand
* Spark (1 or 2 times)
* Sensor Failure

Any advise is appreciated.
Sensor failure is virtually always the temperature sensor. If it isn't that, its the board itself (seldom is though). If you are replacing that sensor that frequently, you may want to check your water chemistry.

Sensor failure is virtually always the temperature sensor. If it isn't that, its the board itself (seldom is though). If you are replacing that sensor that frequently, you may want to check your water chemistry.
IMO, the temperature sensor failure is due to be buying ripoff cheap versions from Amazon. I don't mind replacing the temp sensor again but feel that the current reading is correct (81 degrees, and 100 felt like 100 in the hot tub)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.