Rats Nest of Pipes...

SWATC

Jan 28, 2019
Nashville, TN
The pictures are horrible but maybe I can get my point across and some input. I'm installing a SWG and have a boost pump for vacuum, boost pump for slide, heater that will prob never use (haven't tested to see if still works) but didn't want to remove it from system yet. (I like the option in the future).

Im trying to get some some suggestions and have some questions.

1.5" piping underground but from main VS pump and sand filter is 2". Was thinking about continuing everthing as 2" until the pool returns in the ground. thoughts?

Also, where the boost pumps connect to piping, what are the T unions called where you screw in the flex hose... Cant find them on the internet anywhere...

Thanks and Ill have a lot more questions as I go.

In the horrible drawing below, the Blue is proposed new 2", the yellow is SWG system, the red is heater pipes (will have to put in Valves), and green is lines to pumps.

Attachments

• IMG_7133.JPG
    IMG_7133.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 68
  • InkedIMG_7133_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_7133_LI.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 68
S,

I have a rent house pool where I changed all the above ground plumbing from 1.5" to 2".. It works just fine.. But, there is virtually no observable difference in the way it works...

I guess my point is that I'm glad I did it, because having the same size pipe made it easier to plumb, but don't expect it to make any difference in the way the pool operates.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Also, where the boost pumps connect to piping, what are the T unions called where you screw in the flex hose... Cant find them on the internet anywhere...

Which piece are you looking for? I would check with @InyoRob

98FA01F4-711A-4902-8072-2226C8CE9DAB.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.