Raspberry Pi for pool monitoring?

Power to the Pi from the Panel I didn't try. I went through the effort of installing a standard power port within the box below the panel and have my Pi plugged in via USB (connected via romex to a floating socket - cheap cheap at Lowes) - probably your best bet. I'm using a Pi1 b+ and had an easy ethernet run but I'm sure it would all be fine via wifi as well. I was more interested in time based stats and graphing out temps and pump wattage and such and Grafana provided an easy interface for tossing in html controls as well. I have it all converted from Ruby to GoLang and compiled on the Pi now as well... but the UI is the same as my last pics. I also like the idea of single-boxing this with a Pi3 and housing influxdb and grafana locally instead of using a separate server as I am now. Now that I have it all in go I'm working on reading/writing pump schedules. My end goal here is being able to remove the easy-touch altogether and have a stand-alone home-grown controller... so far, as you can see from my pics, its going good... maybe I'll have time to work on it more in a couple weeks, but I haven't been able to for a while here with busy life :)

Power to the Pi from the Panel I didn't try. I went through the effort of installing a standard power port within the box below the panel and have my Pi plugged in via USB (connected via romex to a floating socket - cheap cheap at Lowes) - probably your best bet. I'm using a Pi1 b+ and had an easy ethernet run but I'm sure it would all be fine via wifi as well. I was more interested in time based stats and graphing out temps and pump wattage and such and Grafana provided an easy interface for tossing in html controls as well. I have it all converted from Ruby to GoLang and compiled on the Pi now as well... but the UI is the same as my last pics. I also like the idea of single-boxing this with a Pi3 and housing influxdb and grafana locally instead of using a separate server as I am now. Now that I have it all in go I'm working on reading/writing pump schedules. My end goal here is being able to remove the easy-touch altogether and have a stand-alone home-grown controller... so far, as you can see from my pics, its going good... maybe I'll have time to work on it more in a couple weeks, but I haven't been able to for a while here with busy life :)
It would be easy to 1 box it with Python, very easy to spin up a Web Server and there's good graphing libraries too.

Windows 10 IOT also works on the Pi, if you are into that .net stuff.

Not suggesting anything is wrong with how you did it, there's just a lot of options with the Pi. I wish I had more time for these kind of projects as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.