Rant Robot Cleaners

Tres Gatos

Apr 13, 2019
Bullhead City, AZ
I have had this Pentair Warrior SE for about one year. My Issues:

- Its not smart at all it stays on the pool sides and/or limited areas and leaves large swaths across the pool bottom dirty.
- I am constantly having to manually do a 2 hr clean reset several times a day and it still does not hit all the surfaces (32x16 ft pool)
- It hangs up on the main drains
- The cord is always tangling up restricting access to corners of the pool. Its a PITA to untangle every week.
- When it finally breaks I am going back to my suction PoolCleaner which I have at my other pool and does a great job.
-I don't like the cord and prefer just the white suction hose for a clean look.
- Its not worth the money just a piece of junk and parts are very expensive.

Mine worked great for about a year. Then it wouldn’t clean the whole pool, get stuck against a wall in the shallow end, etc. It finally died and I figured out the impeller motor was going bad. Marina never responded so I contacted Pentair and I was still under the 2 year warranty so they sent me a replacement motor assembly. It works great again but I make sure to pull it out of the water when not in use. Hopefully it lasts more than 1.5 years this time. I always straighten out the power cord before i put it in the pool and make big loops when I hang it in my equipment shed, so i’ve never had trouble with the cord.

My 4 year old M500 is still going strong. Cleans the pool like nobody’s business. Has a swivel so the cord never gets tangled. It gets removed and rinsed off after every cleaning. Currently us it about twice a week.

My 8-year old Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 motor just quit after 4 heavy-use days (a late pool opening in New England this year and lot of algae).
For the past few years it hasn't really climbed walls too well and seemed to take longer to clean. The pump motor was likely the problem because replacing the climbing rings and tracks didn't really help much.
My swivel cord will need replacing soon too as it does not swivel as well and now tangles after 3 hours. I even stretch the cord in the sun as they suggest.
I opened up the motor and found water inside and corroded terminals/screws. I'm not sure if the water leaked through the motor shaft seals or the o-ring seal on the entire housing.
The good news is that I found a new motor online and it will be here next week!

Mine lasted two years an died right after the warranty expired. The cord always got tangled and it never really cleaned the walls very well.

I would never buy a Maytronics cleaner again and would never recommend them to anyone.

When I opened up the motor housing in an attempt to troubleshoot, I found that the servo that diverts water left and right is an RC hobby grade servo. Biggest ripoff ever.

This was my impeller motor. Cheap junk. You can buy this motor in Sweden for $30. You can only buy the entire $450 motor assembly in the US.
489D969A-69DB-42DC-9E5B-8DB460CE8DFB.jpeg

My second Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is on its last leg. They don't last longer than 4 years with regular daily use here in TX. The plastic bearings and chassis start crumbling from chlorinated water and fall apart. I did rebuild them a couple of times in the past, but nowadays the parts are hard to get. Having to pay $900+ every 4 years for a cleaner is insane.
Thinking about trying Polaris this time, perhaps 9550. Does anyone have experience with those? How do they compare to Dolphins?

The Maytronics robots are assembled in Israel. I wonder if the motors are made there too.
I did a search, here is an ebay link to a motor from Israel.
Buyer beware.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had this Pentair Warrior SE for about one year. My Issues:

- Its not smart at all it stays on the pool sides and/or limited areas and leaves large swaths across the pool bottom dirty.
- I am constantly having to manually do a 2 hr clean reset several times a day and it still does not hit all the surfaces (32x16 ft pool)
- It hangs up on the main drains
- The cord is always tangling up restricting access to corners of the pool. Its a PITA to untangle every week.
- When it finally breaks I am going back to my suction PoolCleaner which I have at my other pool and does a great job.
-I don't like the cord and prefer just the white suction hose for a clean look.
- Its not worth the money just a piece of junk and parts are very expensive.
I am not familiar with your model but if your robot and I don’t have vast experience but I did some research and purchased a dolphin nautilus Cc Plus (non Wi-Fi) in 2019 when I got the house with the pool. It’s been a very reliable unit.

I am in NY so the season is about 4 months. I run it 1-2 times a week. After each use I clean tbe filters and rinse the robot body and clump wheels with hose pressure fresh water. I also rinse the power cord that’s been in the pool and spinner that keep cord de-tangeled.

I store on a caddy and before winding the power cord I un-link it and make sure it’s stretched straight so that the inner wires are not stressed and coil it neatly.

Seem like a lot but I can clean and wind everything up in 15 Minutes max.

I generally take very good care of my things bc I want them to last.

Hope this helps.

I am not familiar with your model but if your robot and I don’t have vast experience but I did some research and purchased a dolphin nautilus Cc Plus (non Wi-Fi) in 2019 when I got the house with the pool. It’s been a very reliable unit.

I am in NY so the season is about 4 months. I run it 1-2 times a week. After each use I clean tbe filters and rinse the robot body and clump wheels with hose pressure fresh water. I also rinse the power cord that’s been in the pool and spinner that keep cord de-tangeled.

I store on a caddy and before winding the power cord I un-link it and make sure it’s stretched straight so that the inner wires are not stressed and coil it neatly.

Seem like a lot but I can clean and wind everything up in 15 Minutes max.

I generally take very good care of my things bc I want them to last.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your feedback . My primary issue is that the wheel and bushings wear out over time and the robot can no longer move. Marina has been great but they said the Maytronics wheel kit has been back ordered for months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.