Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2018
Media, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last season I hired a local pool company to close my pool for me because I don't have a blower (and because putting the cover on can be a PITA )
Anyway ... I valve in my filter for the first time and the air bleed won't stop leaking water. Long story short, these jokers removed the little O-Ring that goes around the end of the bleeder valve.:mad:o_O:eek:

I didn't even know that it had one, because I had never fully removed it.bleeder valve with o-ring.jpg
I am suspicious that they did this on purpose thinking that they will get a repair call next time the pool is opened. Needless to say, I won't be using them again!
Fortunately, I had a power washer replacement O-Ring kit, and one of them just happened to be the correct size. Good tip, since that part can be a hard thing to source.

Reactions: Oly
Hey BPD !!! Sorry you had the headache but glad you found an easy work-around.

it surely wouldn’t be the first time an integral part went ‘missing’, But it also wouldn’t be the first time said part went in the workers pocket with every intent of leaving it in the pump basket with the rest of the drain plugs / parts. I can only imagine how many of those parts go through the washing machine at the workers house a week later. :ROFLMAO:

Last season I hired a local pool company to close my pool for me because I don't have a blower (and because putting the cover on can be a PITA )
Anyway ... I valve in my filter for the first time and the air bleed won't stop leaking water. Long story short, these jokers removed the little O-Ring that goes around the end of the bleeder valve.:mad:o_O:eek:

I didn't even know that it had one, because I had never fully removed it.View attachment 329377
I am suspicious that they did this on purpose thinking that they will get a repair call next time the pool is opened. Needless to say, I won't be using them again!
Fortunately, I had a power washer replacement O-Ring kit, and one of them just happened to be the correct size. Good tip, since that part can be a hard thing to source.
I do not have the same bleeder valve but have similar problems with finding o-rings. I have had numerous discussions with Pentair and they just do not have details to give you the proper dimensions. I have been able to find o-rings at Ace Hardware to match.

Good idea. I will try Ace next time. With damaged or failed ones you can just bring the old one and compare. But you can't do that when it has simply disappeared like flatulence in a windstorm!:hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.