Random Winterizing Questions for a Newbie

In the picture you posted, what is the green gutter extension for? Just wondering if I need to do that as well. A
Ha. That was my emergency pool overflowed in the thunderstorm waste rerouting pipe. Disregard. (y)

When you plug your suction pipe, do it as quickly as you reasonable can. If the valve is already leaking, the drain pipe will fill back up QUICK once the air is off. Blow the skimmers first and cap/gizmo them, then do the drain and lock the valve, pull the blower and plug it like bang bang bang.

Ha. That was my emergency pool overflowed in the thunderstorm waste rerouting pipe. Disregard. (y)

When you plug your suction pipe, do it as quickly as you reasonable can. If the valve is already leaking, the drain pipe will fill back up QUICK once the air is off. Blow the skimmers first and cap/gizmo them, then do the drain and pull the blower, lock the valve and plug it like bang bang bang.
You got it. I have no indication the value is leaking...its only a year old but I just get paranoid about this stuff. Thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.