Raise spa blower height to accommodate equip change?

lexeverything

Jan 6, 2023
SoCal
Hi all!
I am installing an IntelliFlo VSF to replace the old filter pump. I had my electrician over to discuss the electrical situation, as I need somewhere to house the Pentair PA 220GF for the new pump. The old pump ran on an Intermatic timer. Since I no longer need the Intermatic timer to control the new IntelliFlo VSF, the electrician and myself decided that the simplest solution would be to replace the timer with a spa type box that will sit in the same spot and house the GFCI breaker for the pump.
Only problem is that the spa blower is very close to the timer, as you can see in the picture I provided. Installing a slightly larger/taller spa box in that spot will likely have the box and the spa blower touching.
So, I am wondering... Is it possible for me to raise the height of the spa blower 6-10 inches higher by extending the PVC standpipe it sits on? That would make space for the taller spa breaker box. Instructions indicate that the blower needs to be a minimum of 12 inches above water level. I see nothing about max height for the spa blower. What do you think?
elec.jpg

Yes, you can extend the air pipe up and raise the blower without any problems.

You have no automation and have to go out to your equipment pad to change from pool to spa, turn on your blower, or adjust pump speeds with your new VS pump.

I would use this as an opportunity to install an IntelliCenter with a Load Center that will house the breakers and give you automation of your pool/spa, VS pump, and blower.

Reactions: lexeverything
Thank you for the replies! I figured there would be no harm, should I need to raise the blower a little bit to accommodate the new breaker box. Though, I may have found a spa breaker box of similar size to the timer, that will house the large Pentair GFCI and also fit without needing to raise the blower. I will see what the electrician says about the box I grabbed. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.