Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi! I just finished shocking my pool over about five days, CYA was at 30 and TFP Pool Math app indicted FC should be at 12. I performed the OCLT last night - added chlorine around 8pm, brushed the pool twice, tested water at 11:15pm and then again this morning at 7am and no loss in FC with the salt water chlorine generator turned off.

Now that I’m done, do I wait for the FC level to drop, or raise the CYA first?

Thanks!!

OLCT passed, great! Crystal clear water and 0.5 or less CC too correct? If so, then you can start to increase the CYA for a salt pool goal of 70. Be sure to use the sock method to soak the stabilizer and squeeze it out once soft. The FC will fall on its own. Monitor to keep the SWG adjusted to meet the FC target listed on the FC/CYA Levels and you should be good.

Ok perfect, thank you!!
OLCT passed, great! Crystal clear water and 0.5 or less CC too correct? If so, then you can start to increase the CYA for a salt pool goal of 70. Be sure to use the sock method to soak the stabilizer and squeeze it out once soft. The FC will fall on its own. Monitor to keep the SWG adjusted to meet the FC target listed on the FC/CYA Levels and you should be good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.