Rainwater raising water level

You would be better off draining water under a controlled method than just letting spill over the top. That could wash out around your pool and create stability issues later.

Other members on the forum have AGP's so they can provide more detailed information.

Take care.

yea man I'm definitely not an expert and there are people on here who are. just saying my experiences. I have 4 kids every time they go in it's mental and I loose about a ft of water and like I said mine has overflowed many time and I have had absolutely no issues. however this doesn't make it right. good luck buddy

I would drain some of the pool. I don't have an intex but I've had to drain my above ground to below the top of skimmer 4 times this year.

i installed a drain so when it rains too much i dont have to worry about overflow. it has worked great this year.

CmgWNfL.jpg

wkLJsJo.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Three options if you wish to drain:

If you have a sand filter, and have a backwash hose, you can do that to drain.

If you don't, but you have a manual vac hose or garden hose (socks over ends to prevent liner damage suggested), submerge it from one end to the other, filling it all with water completely, no air. Then, quickly lift one end over the wall and down to the ground as swiftly as safely possible and like magic, gravity and water pressure will pump pool water onto your lawn wherever you place the end of the hose, safely away from pool footing and base. This is a motor/pumpless way to siphon water from your pool. When you've pumped enough out, just remove hose. Set a timer so you don't drain it below the skimmer basket (or just turn pump off while siphoning.)

Submersible/sump pump. But that requires electric ...so don't do in standing water or rain.

20 plus years with a 27' pool and the rain this year has been frequent and heavy. The excess just blows out of the skimmer onto rocks. Never had to drain it. In the winter it does the same only with ice. I have an expansion bottle in the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.