rained 3 days straight now pump wont work

Jageya

Oct 4, 2020
Colorado
breaker trips immediately. The line from the pump out to the box on the wall as in pic 2- had water in the u curve.....I think the connection of the elbow where it connects to the tube with the 2 wires in it wasnt screwed in tight enough and water got into the wire line between pump and wall..I unscrewed the fitting that comes out of the pump about 4 inches and the tube to the wall in an s curve was full of water so i manipulated the tube the wires are in so all the water dumped out and reconnected tight. It seems that water got into the tube going down and maybe that trips the breaker? I will leave it a few days to dry out now that its hot again and see...I dont think the water got into the pump as it would travel down. see pics the 1st is the connection that wasnt tight and i undid it and manipulated the tube the wires are in to dump all the water out. The 2nd pic shows how the tube makes a U from that pump out connection to the wall and goes up. I am hoping no water went back into the pump but cant be sure. so i emptied all the water from the tube and put a blowdrier on the end to blow into the long tube and back up into the pump to try to dry then i reconnected that elbow nd will let it sit a few days in the heat...any other ideas? It had to be from the 2 days of rain here but thought wires in the tube are coated so dont know why water in the tube would short them if they are coated?

Attachments

• P4167289.JPG
    P4167289.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 13
  • P4167290.JPG
    P4167290.JPG
    482.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
breaker trips immediately. The line from the pump out to the box had water in it...I think the connection wasnt screwed in enough and water got into the wire line between pump and wall..I unscrewed the fitting that comes out of the pump about 4 inches and the tube to the wall in an s curve was full of water so i manipulated the tube the wires are in so all the water dumped out and reconnected tight. It seems that water got into the tube going down and maybe that trips the breaker? I will leave it a few days to dry out now that its hot again and see...I dont think the water got into the pump as it would travel down. see pics the 1st is the connection that wasnt tight and i undid it and manipulated the tube the wires are in to dump all the water out. The 2nd pic shows how the tube makes a U from that pump out connection to the wall and goes up. I am hoping no water went back into the pump but cant be sure. so i emptied all the water from the tube and put a blowdrier on the end to blow into the long tube and back up into the pump to try to dry then i reconnected that elbow nd will let it sit a few days in the heat...any other ideas? It had to be from the 2 days of rain here but thought wires in the tube are coated so dont know why water in the tube would short them if they are coated?
The breaker trips immediately, when? After a re-set? Is it a GFCB? That will sometimes trip with wet wiring.
Have you removed the two lines going into the pump from their terminals? Do that and see if the breaker trips. If so, there should not be a problem with the pump but with the wiring itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.