Radiant winter cover ripped. Better replacement ?

doc8404

Silver Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
Rome, NY
we have the four inch deluxe coping and it is a PITA to install and remove the cover.

Unfortunately the cover had the rubber separate from the cover itself at the seam last year. Considering we installed in 8/2015 I would think it would last more two winters.

Any recommendstions for a replacement?
i am pretty sure there aren’t aftermarket ones that will work with the coping and we are willing to consider securing in another manner.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I have a sad for you but what you are seeing is that covers are a "disposable" item. Very seldom have I seen one last more that 2 years. What we are telling people now is buy as cheap as you can find that fits your pool with the knowledge you will be buying a new one within a couple of years.

I have a sad for you but what you are seeing is that covers are a "disposable" item. Very seldom have I seen one last more that 2 years. What we are telling people now is buy as cheap as you can find that fits your pool with the knowledge you will be buying a new one within a couple of years.
^^ This!

They (covers) are almost all cheaply mass produced, so go with the best price!
We are very happy with the cover we bought from this seller: http://stores.ebay.com/saveonpoolsupplies (we had to replace the cable, but the tarp is in perfect condition still, frozen & over-wintered)

So what was your solution, because I pulled my winter cover out and carpenter ants decided to make a colony in our winter cover and ate holes all over it. Here we are 9/24/19 in North East PA with no viable solution. The dealer said he can get another winter cover in a week but it's 399.95 and of course the damage to ours wasn't under warranty because of the pests. He said a normal winter cover should work, but we have the deluxe coping. We bought a traditional winch and wire and last night in the high winds we said goodbye to that cover :rolleyes:

We have the two inch coping on a radiant pool and the cover ripped the first winter. I am only going to use the same type of cover this winter because the company did replace it, but what did you decide to do? I also wonder if the winch and cable will work with the radiant two inch coping.

Attachments

• B6A3FFAF-C65A-4FD1-BB37-2BEE4196D229.jpeg
    B6A3FFAF-C65A-4FD1-BB37-2BEE4196D229.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 95EA6DF1-85D0-42A1-A767-4B1268E60A18.jpeg
    95EA6DF1-85D0-42A1-A767-4B1268E60A18.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.