lebanon OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi I’m Tom. This is my first post on here. Have used the forum in the past for tons of info. We’ve moved on from a big steel framed pool to a semi inground radiant pool. I know I’ve seen all kinds of opinions on these pool but it works out for our budget and layout of the backyard. Inground pool prices are insane around here and I’m very capable of doing my own deck and patio to further save labor.
My biggest question would be about having a SWG. The dealer sold me the aqua smarte chlorinator which doesn’t get good reviews on here. Radiants website says salt water is fine but the dealer advised against it. I’ve read a few posts about this from the past but can anyone chime in? I have other questions but this is the big one

Thanks!

Get the SWG. Thousands of folks here have them in all types of pools. The dealer wants to sell what he wants to sell.

Get the SWG. Thousands of folks here have them in all types of pools. The dealer wants to sell what he wants to sell.
Thanks. It’s an aluminum wall with some sort of acrylic coating I think so I figured it would be ok. What is recommended for a pool like this 24’ 15000 gallons. I already have pump and filter just need to know what all else I need

Ok. So is oversizing a little bit a problem?

Not a problem at all.

Like would 30 or 40 k be preferred for 15k pool?

It's really mandatory. SWG capacity is based on running the SWG 100% 24 hours/day. You don;t want to be required to run your pump 24/7 or run the SWG at 100%.

A 40K cell on a 15K pool means you can run your pump 12-18 hours per day and the cell at 60% or so.

Thanks for the help. I’m hoping to get the pool dealer to remove the aqua smarte chlorinator and chemicals from the price. They try to do “package deals” with everything. I’m sure I’m paying over $500 for this stuff

Also from a corrosion standpoint, any electrical bonding suggestions? Sacrificial anode? If these questions should go to another part of the forum let me know.

Keep all your build questions here.

The pool needs to be bonded as a permanent pool following NEC 680.26

Does your jurisdiction require permits and inspections for your pool build?

It is questionable if a sacrificial anode does anything. If you do install one it must be installed correctly to have any chance of being effective and must be regularly inspected an replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There’s no requirement locally for anything. Just curious what is recommended. Thanks for the link!
So I called the pool company today to tell them I was wanting to do salt water. Talked to a different person this time. They said ok but acted like I shouldn’t do it. They must make a lot on the aqua smarte stuff. Of course they only want to credit $100 for not taking the chlorinator and a bunch of different chemical kits that came with it. All that stuff is sold by them for way more than that. Again it’s because everything is a “package price”

I don’t see the problem with salt for this pool. All the other so called salt water approved pools have a steel wall with resin coating. The Radiant pool is aluminum with a coating.