quick question

Apr 9, 2015
Hernando MS.
For some reason my pool looks different this year than years past. After testing the last few days I just wanted some feedback. The pool is right on the verge of being clear but is still holding a little cloudy. I bumped it up to mustard algae shock just to see if that was what I was seeing in places on the bottom of the pool(yellowish brown when sweeping). No loss in the last 2 nights, but I have heard to many times "should have left it up a little longer"
FC-34
CC-0
TA-90
PH-7.3
CYA-55
salt-3200

Well CC is less than.5 and it passed the OCLT but its not clear. I guess that was my question. I knew I had 2 of the 3 just wondering what could be keeping it cloudy?
Filtration and brushing. You need to get anything sitting on the floor and walls suspended so it can be filtered out. If the stuff settles into drifts, sneak up on it with a vacuum so it gets drawn in rather that pushed away by the current ahead of the vacuum. You can improve filtering by adding a little DE to your sand filter.

When i opened my pool, all the numbers looked fine, but the pool was cloudy. A storm ripped my winter cover and most of the water on top went into the pool. Just nasty black water. I kept the numbers good for a few days. Bumped FC up to SLAM level. Had no CCs and the FC stayed high for about 4 days. Then and finally on the 5th day I woke up and the pool was crystal clear. Just took a few days to filter all the "junk" out of the water. FC stayed high for the next 4 or 5 days as well. I didnt have to do anything for about 5 days. Just let the FC fall to normal.

Point is, it might take a few days to filter out all the stuff. Backwash regularly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.