Quick question about calcium

Aug 25, 2015
ny ny
So I'm pretty comfortable with the pool now thanks to you guys.

I have a 33000 gallon vinyl pool and my calcium is only at 80, although from browsing the ABC section it looks like it's irrelevant to vinyl if I read it correctly.

Also while maintaining the bleach throughout the week, should I be slamming once a week? Or only if there's a problem?

Thanks!

You don't need Calcium. There's no plaster to etch. On the other side of the coin, low CH can cause the water to foam. I didn't believe it until my spa was filled with rainwater. It foamed like normal from the jets, but the bubbles didn't pop like normal. It looked like Mister Bubble. So if that happens and it bothers you, some added CH can help. You could even use Calhypo to chlorinate for a while if you want to. One bucket versus dozens of jugs sounds pretty appealing.

If you never let FC dip below minimum (and even if it does happen once in a while) you won't need to routinely shock or SLAM. Those days are over if you follow the TFP way.

The chlorine routinely dips under the recommended value but I check it daily and add bleach daily.. I also don't have any combined chlorides present on my daily checks.

The pool looks great, I just thought I read somewhere that you may want to bump it up to shock level once a week

The chlorine routinely dips under the recommended value but I check it daily and add bleach daily.. I also don't have any combined chlorides present on my daily checks.

The pool looks great, I just thought I read somewhere that you may want to bump it up to shock level once a week

You definitely did not read that here as we never recommend weekly shocking.

What is your daily FC demand (ppm)? A clean pool should only use 2-4ppm of FC a day. While not having any CC's is great, that alone is not an indication of safe water.

Have you recently performed an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule out organic contamination?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.