Quick moving storm wrecked AGP mid build, now what?

guyincognito

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2020
Chester County, PA
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Wish it were for happier reasons, looks like I'm about to join the "That Guy" Hall of Fame.

My father and I were installing my 27' Saltwater 8000 this week, on Tuesday we ran out of daylight as we got the wall, uprights, and top plates installed. We figured it was a good stopping point and decided to put the top ledges in the next day. Unfortunately mother nature had other ideas and hit us with a brief thunderstorm, which took out everything we had put up. So we ran out in the middle of this thunderstorm, took all the bolts out and unraveled the wall as fast as we could and laid it flat on the yard.

Looking at the mess today, I'm wondering what my next course of action is? The wall is dinged up pretty bad, but no hard creases. Is the structural integrity of this thing shot? I suppose I could call the Pool Factory to get their opinion, but it will probably be in their best interest to suggest getting a new pool.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Welcome to TFP.

Show us some pics of the carnage.

I would say to put it back up and then assess how it looks after you have it all together. You may then better see if anything is damaged or not.

Thanks for the welcome. Here's the damage. I recognize that leaving it draped into the dug out spot was not a great idea, but there was lightning coming down all around us and by then I had cut my finger pretty badly because I grabbed the skimmer cutout like a dumb dumb (went to urgent care right after to get 7 stitches) that we didn't spend any more time out there than we had to. Assessed the damage today, in addition to the wall, two of the bottom rails broke.

Attachments

• 20200723_203034_Film2.jpg
    20200723_203034_Film2.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200723_203031_Film2.jpg
    20200723_203031_Film2.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 54
Hey Mr.......... Samson is it ? You look kinda familiar, but, anywho DUDE that sucks !!!!. I'm with Allen to put it back together and make the call from there. Rotate it if you can to make the banged up spot on the less seen side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.