questions on restarting 2 year idle swg system.

Rossterman

Jun 5, 2016
Martinez, CA
I’ve run a swg since we built the pool in 2006. We traveled a lot the last two years (retirement is grand). Because the jandy system wasn’t too reliable (on my 3rd unit), I just got lazy and used a tab feeder the last two years. Didn’t have a problem with cya build up until late in the season each time and the winter rains brought dulution levels down to reasonable levels for the start of each season.

This last year our rain was well below normal and to my surprise, CYA was well over 100 when I tested a few weeks ago. I drained the pool to drop it to 50 but obviously tablets are out of question for this season.

The last aquapure system I installed was a substantially revised model that seemed way more reliable and had zero issues all season. It has one season of running and been two years since I ran it, any thoughts or recommendations about what needs to be done to bring it back into service besides adding the proper amount of salt?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.