Jun 6, 2022
Lachute, Quebec
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I switched to LC a couple days ago after receiving my k 2006 kit in the mail.
On the advice of members here I conducted an OCLT two nights ago.
Unfortunately I did not complete the test yesterday morning because at dawn there were violent thunderstorms.

I did manage to get out there around 8 AM and I registered 3.6 PPM FC and under .2 CC . I decided to go ahead and just SLAM the pool since it is my first year taking care of it and might as well start from a good place.

I added 9600ML 10% LC which brought my pool up to 22PPM FC
This morning I woke at 7am to a bright and sunny day and recorded 18PPM and added 1L LC
5 hours of scorching sun later at 12 I recorded 14PPM and added a further 3L LC
at 2:20 PM I recorded 18.5 and added 1.5 L once more.
Is this normal to be consuming this much ? The pool is extremely clear looking, much more so than 2 days ago when I first switched. I have been brushing almost every time I add LC.
It is a very sunny and windy day.

My other numbers are all in check before I started my SLAM and my CYA is 50

As you can tell from the pool getting clearer, the chlorine is attacking and killing organics. That is what SLAM is all about. You will still lose FC once all the organics are dead, but not as much. Be sure to only take the FC to 20 ppm as per your CYA. Anything above that is very susceptible to destruction by the sun.

Reactions: r0ll
While your pool is up at SLAM level is a good time to try and find hidden algae. Any folds in the liner, the skimmer throat, the weir door and foam on the back of it, any lights that are set into niches where water can get in, around steps and around/inside ladders, all places algae can be hiding. Scrub it out so it mixes with the elevated FC water and kills whatever is there.

Reactions: r0ll
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.