Questioning amount of BTU I can get by with ?

I have a 8100 gal above ground Intex pool, with good sand filter pump pushing 3850 GPH thru and Intex salt water system. All this works great, but I want more heat! I have been using direct sun and 500 ft of 1/2 black coiled water hose to heat it up, best I can reach is 74 degrees F. so I am looking to purchase a Heat pump system, Can I get away with buying the 50,000 BTU pump ( low end of required level) costing me $500 less than the 65,000 BTU they recommend? What is the disadvantages? Please advise , also all pumps that show Titanium manifolds or tubing is ok with Salt systems isn't it? what else should I be careful with , before I make the wrong purchace? :confused:
Please help soon if possible, as I want to setup so I can swim by 1st week of May! my 2 grandaugthers already have their swim suits on!!
Ernie :p

Can I get away with buying the 50,000 BTU pump ( low end of required level) costing me $500 less than the 65,000 BTU they recommend?
Going with the smaller heat pump means more run time to get to temperature. In this case, 30% more run time which means more energy cost by the pump. It may even end up costing you more than $500 over the life of the heat pump.

Remember that heat pumps drop off significantly. My 140,000 btu AquaPro is only rated at that temp when its 80 outside. At 50 it drops to 79,000.

Many brands have tested and registered their equipment with AHRI - you can loom them up online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.