Question regarding plumbing of new pump and filter

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Hello

I just bought a 1.5 hp two speed carvin shark pump and a Carvin Sherwood 160 cartridge filter.

The pump has 1 1/2 inch fittings and the cartridge filter has 2 inch fittings. I assume they sell/make adapters I can use to gat eveything down to 1 1/2 inch?

Thanks

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60

Reactions: 67mike

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I am new to this, and haven't really looked closely (because my Wife has had me non-stop buying all the landscaping for the yard....LOL)but I think the fittings are threaded?

Teald024

TFP Guide
If the filter itself has threaded connections, you may need a threaded to glue adapter. It could be a Union and not a typical NPT threaded connection. Can you give some pictures of the connections?
I couldn’t find the owners many for your filter.

toolerb50

Jul 10, 2020
Ohio
Is it a Sherlok series 160 filter by Carvin? If so, it looks like a reducer should have been included in the box according to their website. If you scroll to the bottom of the page and expand included section, you'll see the 2" to 1 1/2" reducer item for 2" models to provide the necessary adapter to connect to your pump.

Reactions: 67mike
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.