Question regarding my findings

Aug 15, 2018
Houston/Texas
Hello all!
Hooe everyone is having a great week, I have found myself on the forum everyday since I have discovered it and so much knowledge on here, love it. Anyway I did a full test today and would like a bit of direction.

CL- 2
pH -7.2 (has stayed here for a while)
FC - 2
CC - 0.5
TC 2.5
CH - 100
TA - 60
CYA - 60. This was the closest number it reached and stopped when I could not see the dot from a glance. Has been in the 40 mark prior to me adding stabilizer
Salt 4400-4600
I have not added any salt in weeks it rained a lot Monday, Did a vacuum to waste to drop the water line it was pretty high. I have a ? on the color I should stop at on the salt test I imagine a brick red as the darker color which would have me at 4600 and the lighter color 4400. As of last week I have stopped the SWG due to implications that it is failing and have been adding LC. What should I do with these numbers besides adding more LC and I will do that shortly..
Thanks in advance. Pool still looks great just need to vacuum once again, Clear water and see the bottom very clearly.

ok I can’t add pictures for some reason I will try again shortly

- - - Updated - - -

It won’t let me add anything else but the next color is a darker red, Which would you stop at for the reading

Attachments

• 67504BAC-4DE4-49E2-A189-355A9901C9C0.jpg
    67504BAC-4DE4-49E2-A189-355A9901C9C0.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 148
For almost all tests, you should add drops until the last drop causes no further color change and then not count that last drop ... except .... for the salt test. For the salt test, you should stop when the color first changes to kind of salmon color. If you add more to reach the brick red, that is too many drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the only thing I see that you need to do is get that FC up and keep it above the minimum for your CYA according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.

For almost all tests, you should add drops until the last drop causes no further color change and then not count that last drop ... except .... for the salt test. For the salt test, you should stop when the color first changes to kind of salmon color. If you add more to reach the brick red, that is too many drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the only thing I see that you need to do is get that FC up and keep it above the minimum for your CYA according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

To post more/larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.

Ok,
Thanks for the reply, should I buy some ph up from Loews or go the borax..? Should I leave it till it drops or raise to a slightly higher reading

Thanks again
Ed

Ok,
Thanks for the reply, should I buy some ph up from Loews or go the borax..? Should I leave it till it drops or raise to a slightly higher reading

Thanks again
Ed

A pH of 7.2 is fine. pH normally rises over time. So do not add any chemicals at this time to effect it.

Good job vacuuming to waste to lower water level. :goodjob: Killed two birds with one stone!

Did you download the PoolMath App? See link in my signature below.

It's a great way to get advice on how to interpret your test results and keep track of your pool care. In the Pool Math App, after you create a new log for your test results, go to the Overview screen. From there you can tap any test result and it will take you to an advice page that will tell you what to do to adjust that level.

With your CYA at 60 your Minimum FC should be 5, so each time you test, add enough liquid chlorine to raise your FC to your Target level of 7-9. Use the higher target when it's hotter or after heavy bather load. Maintaining that Minimum FC is what is going to prevent you from getting algae.

You only need to test your CL and pH daily, the other results are more stable. Notice that your test results don't vary wildly like the pool store's did?

You'll know your pool like the back of your hand in no time!!

Good job vacuuming to waste to lower water level. :goodjob: Killed two birds with one stone!

Did you download the PoolMath App? See link in my signature below.

It's a great way to get advice on how to interpret your test results and keep track of your pool care. In the Pool Math App, after you create a new log for your test results, go to the Overview screen. From there you can tap any test result and it will take you to an advice page that will tell you what to do to adjust that level.

With your CYA at 60 your Minimum FC should be 5, so each time you test, add enough liquid chlorine to raise your FC to your Target level of 7-9. Use the higher target when it's hotter or after heavy bather load. Maintaining that Minimum FC is what is going to prevent you from getting algae.

You only need to test your CL and pH daily, the other results are more stable. Notice that your test results don't vary wildly like the pool store's did?

You'll know your pool like the back of your hand in no time!!

Hello Winnie,
Yes I did download he poolmath app, I just forget I had it. I plugged in the testing numbers from the 6th and look at my paper logs I have written down and add them in as well. I have started a paper logg but with the digital age and paying for the premium pp I can do away with that.
Thank you on the info on the CYA and where my FC should be, we got a lot of rain yesterday and have predicated rain all week here in Houston so I may be doing a few more vacuum to waste it seems. Hopefully this should drop my salt level as well as the rain water being added and getting that old salty water out. It is a little salty if you ask me with the test reading 4400ppm.
Thanks!
Eddie

Hello Winnie,
Yes I did download he poolmath app, I just forget I had it. I plugged in the testing numbers from the 6th and look at my paper logs I have written down and add them in as well. I have started a paper logg but with the digital age and paying for the premium pp I can do away with that.
Thank you on the info on the CYA and where my FC should be, we got a lot of rain yesterday and have predicated rain all week here in Houston so I may be doing a few more vacuum to waste it seems. Hopefully this should drop my salt level as well as the rain water being added and getting that old salty water out. It is a little salty if you ask me with the test reading 4400ppm.
Thanks!
Eddie

What... killing three birds with one stone.
I'm so glad to see your newfound confidence that you can take care of your pool and glad it's not as overwhelming as it seemed at first.
Super Pool Dad!! :super:

Notice that your test results don't vary wildly like the pool store's did?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.