Question on Screenlogic, Pentair Heater, temp sensor

SamsIam

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
I have Screenlogic, a Pentair Heater and also the temp sensor on my main line that is connected to my Easytouch. I have noticed my temps are way off in hottub - have not checked pool. It was running about 5 degrees warmer than what it said (verified with separate temp gauge). So I made an assumption I could just set the calibration in SLConfig to have the spa temp match my external source gauge I checked with. Once I did this it made it 15 degrees off.

I assume that is not the correct way to resolve this. I am a bit confused. Also, I am seeing my setpoint in ScreenLogic run about 5 degrees lower than the registered temp.

right now external shows 99 degrees, SL shows spa temp at 85. Set point is 81.

any thoughts are appreciated.
-scott

Scott,

You only have one water temp probe... It sees pool water when in the pool mode, and spa water when in the spa mode.

It can be calibrated up or down, so it sounds like you went the wrong way... :scratch:

It will never be perfect, but it should be close...

Your heater should be set to full hot 104...

Thanks,

Jim R.

so is SLconfig the right place to adjust it?
Scott,

Just to be clear.. ScreenLogic just lets you remotely control the EasyTouch.. So you are actually adjusting the calibration of the EasyTouch, using ScreenLogic.

You can't do it on the screen you show, you need to be in the set up pages.. I use my PC and the set up page below..

You can only move it about 5 degrees as a time.. Then hit apply calibration.. And then you can do it again..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
yea i am very familiar with that. i have not dug into it but some of my pcs on my network just won't connect. i am on a pc that usually works but it just goes straight to the sl main page. need to reboot but in the middle of a few things.
thanks