Question on new plaster, swimming, and robot

Yarzy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2020
Chalfont, PA
Hi Everyone!

We just got our new pool plastered last Saturday (9 days ago) and I was curious about something. If you are able to swim in the pool at this point, why cant you run a robot to clean it? I am thinking that the weight of me standing in the pool vs the weight of my Polaris Alpha IQ+ on the pool floor is a huge difference. Why would the robot make the marks but my foot does not? I am not going to be the test guinea pig on this but just curious. I am brushing 2x a day and don't see any more plaster dust when I brush. Truth be told, I did not see much ever really. Pumps are on medium speed 24 hours a day at this point and levels seem pretty good besides needing to get CH up a tad. Thanks!

I suspect each plaster/pebble contractor has their own specific guidelines, so naturally you want to follow those notes for your warranty. But in general, after the first week of brushing 2Xs per day, you should be able to back-off to once per day. Quartz/pebble might not produce as much residual dust as traditional plaster surfaces. Once the pool was full and water balanced, swimming would be fine. Cleaners vary in design, so I think the standard reply of "Do not use cleaners for the first two weeks" just covers the full spectrum to be safe. You're almost to that point anyway, but I can understand why you would ask about no cleaners versus swimmer's feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.