Question on New Plaster and Landscaping

As long as you aren't planting anything in the pool, you'll be fine. That said, sometimes the plaster crews have a not of equipment and people working/tromping around. They should be able to avoid your newly planted items, but some plants or mulch could get disturbed. If it means continuing your progress, I'd proceed and tell them to be careful. AND by them breakfast. Someone down there knows what the plaster crews like for breakfast - but I can't remember the name of it.

I just had my pool replastered. It's surrounded by mature landscaping (though none closer than about 3'). They did manage to trample a new, small rosemary planting that was directly under the electrical outlet they were using. The plant has since recovered. That was it. An experienced plaster crew will have done plenty of remodels, so they should be adept at working around existing plants and yard features, etc.

Well that’s actually a possibility if you water the new landscaping. Gunite is not water right and water can seep in.

So he’s officially warned you. Any plaster delays for water intrusion are now on you should you proceed.

Life is full of risks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.