Question for my daughter - new pool owner

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
My daughter just got one of those little 10X30 quick set up pools from a yard sale a couple weeks ago and did good with it for about a week but then they had to go out of town and when they came back the water was green....she was asking me what chemicals she needed to put in it to fix it and I advised her that with it being that small of a pool the best way to fix the problem would be to empty it, clean it and refill it. Am I correct? And if so what is the best way to clean something like that. She said even the hoses have green in them? She's wanting to just forget up fixing it and put it away but I told her if she would clean it up, refill it and then make sure to keep it clean it wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do, especially with a pool that small. So just asking for suggestions on the best way to clean on the green out....especially in the hoses and do you need to test and do all that with a pool that small?

I happen to have a similar (if not same) pool. Treat it the same as any other pool in terms of managing FC, PH and CYA. The small water volume is a double edged sword:

Firstly it's small and simple enough to drain, clean and refill. In my area a total refill costs about $20 in water. I could easily use that much in chemicals trying to fix a swamp pool.

Secondly small water volume means small dilution for the stuff swimmers put into the pool. My chlorine demand after a day of the kids swimming means bringing FC up to the high end of target several times.

Short answer is I would absolutely clean, refill, balance the chemicals and enjoy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.