Question About Switching to a SWG Pump

Mendy,

I'm no electrician, but I wanted to poke my head in real quick to help keep you safe.

If you're not comfortable with electrical wiring, it may be best to find an experienced friend/family member or hire a professional.
I will definitely hire someone with the wiring. I just turned off al the breakers and tried understanding the wiring. It was hard. So I’m going to hire a professional for installation.
Your timer box should have a model number inside the door. Google the number and find the manual. It looks like an Intermatic T104xx?
Yes it is. 👍
It looks like you have two components connected to the load side. One is the pump and the other is likely your UV system? Trace the conduit that exits on the left side of the box (blk/wht/grn wires) and confirm it goes. If you plan on getting rid of the UV system, you could use this knock out to run the power cable to the SWG controller.
Yes! I have two components connected to the load side. You’re correct.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
I just wanted to chime in to say you are not giving me the warm and fuzzies regarding wiring this up DIY. To avoid any potential bodily injury or property damage, PLEASE get a friend who knows what they are doing or hire an electrician. It is not rocket science, I understand, but there are alot of thing going on inside that box so dont do anything you aren't comfortable with. Not worth hurting yourself, melting something, or frying a 1000 dollar pump or 1300 dollar SWG. I've seen most of these things happen.
I’m hiring a professional. I’m not giving myself warm and fuzzy feeling of doing this myself lol. I will hire someone.

I will hire someone.
If you want to save a few $, most handymen can do the wiring that you need. You could probably find a handyman that could do the total installation, including plumbing, for the price of an electrician who would only do the wiring.

Reactions: Mendy48
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.