Question about SWCG and Hayward Prologic

May 31, 2017
Melbourne, FL
Our previous pool had Omnilogic and a SWCG and the chlorinator was set as a separate setting in the automation (i.e. chlorinator was set to run 8hrs at 30% while the filter was set to run 10).

Our new pool (we moved to another state) has Prologic (I never used all the bells and whistles of Omnilogic and the options for remotes were better with Prologic). Overall, I'm happy with the Prologic, but I don't quite understand how the SWCG works. I can only set a percentage. My question is, if I have my filter set to run 8 vs 10 vs 12 hrs a day, does the Prologic just run the chlorinator that much more or is it smart and stops after a certain amount of chlorination?

In short, if I have my chlorine pretty stable when running with my regular schedule, but we do some night swimming and kick the pump back on for a few hours, will the chlorine be much higher the next day?

My question is, if I have my filter set to run 8 vs 10 vs 12 hrs a day, does the Prologic just run the chlorinator that much more or is it smart and stops after a certain amount of chlorination?
The SWG runs for a percentage of the pump run time whatever that may be. So if you increase the runtime, the chlorination time will proportionally increase as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.