Question about Stonescapes Touch of Glass

courtneyhi

Feb 24, 2019
Austin
Hello!

My Pool designer doesn't seem very knowledgable with Touch of Glass options from Stonescapes. I am confused looking at their website.
• Can anyone confirm, can Touch of Glass be added to Mini Pebble? I am wanting to do Touch of Glass French Grey in Mini Pebble. If anyone else has done this, do you have photos of up close?
• Are they pebbles much larger than the stone aggregates?
• What color are the glass pieces? Online they look teal, but in the sample i saw of the regular pebble with glass they look blue-grey.
• What is the average up-charge?

My pool builder only has a sample of French Grey regular pebbles with Touch of Glass for me to look at.

Anyone have experience with T.O.G?

1 - Yes, it is an option for mini pebble
2 - The ones I've seen are about the same size as the mini pebble aggregate
3 - There are several different colors of glass beads. Most of the touch of glass use one of two shades of blue glass, others use multiple colors including black, red, green, light blue, and dark blue
4 - Upcharge depends on your plaster contractor and whether they mix the beads into the finish (lots of bags of glass beads) or hand cast it on top like abalone shell (one or two bags)

I don't have experience with TOG, but my plaster guy did present it as an option, and actually tried to push us in that direction after my wife inquired about abalone. Most plaster contractors should be able to customize a mini pebble blend for you with however many bags of whichever color glass beads you want. Some will resist doing this because any customization may not come out as envisioned or expected, which can lead to lower customer satisfaction. My guy was very accommodating, and allowed us to tweak our stonescapes mini pebble recipe to our liking. We liked Tahoe blue, but wanted something a bit darker, and wanted to minimize the potential for mottling from the use of a lot of dark blue dye. Recipe for a batch of Tahoe blue is 10 bags of gold pebble, 2 bags of black pebbles, and 1.5 dye packs. We requested 8 bags gold, 4 bags black, and 1/2 dye pack per batch.

And FWIW the Stonescapes Puerto Rico blend is the same as the touch of glass except it uses iridescent glass beads instead of regular glass beads.

The glass can actually be added to all finishes if use properly and in the correct amounts with modifier. Glass is available in many colors, black, blue, clear, tan, red, white ect. Any of the colors of glass can be used as they are sold by the bag. It is becoming more common for customers to get a pebble color and add glass they like rather than using touch of glass formulas. Keep in mind the price per bag of glass can vary by color. Pricing is very regional so will not comment on that.

Attachments

• 7 aqua cool w glass.jpg
    7 aqua cool w glass.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 95
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.