Question about raising alkalinity in my pool using sodium bicarbonate

With sodium hypochlorite as your primary source of chlorine, I would suspect that a TA of 60 would probably work for you. However, I would suggest the rule I posted above. Try a TA of 60 ppm and a ph of 7.6 to 7.7 and adjust the TA based on whether the pH rises or remains stable.

Also, a 3 ppm limit on the fc is pretty low. That does not give you much room. I would suggest staying as close to 3 as possible and keep the cya closer to 30.

Yes I agree about cya and chlorine but what happened is I got injured and the boss put tablets with conditioner in chlorinator so there is the problem with that but splashing water out of the pool is going to take care of that. The problem with aeration is that I can't say really how bad ph is acting and the only way to tell is from the quantities of acid that I have to add to adjust

Try to avoid tabs as much as possible. If you have an acid feeder, try to make sure that it's not set to keep to ph below 7.6. If you're going through a lot of acid, a Lower TA can help.

With no tabs being used, a TA of about 60 should work.

If you raised the TA to 80, the acid feeder would begin pumping acid until the TA got down below 60, and then you would have to add more bicarb and the cycle of acid/bicarb would begin again. This just wastes money and chemicals and adds alot of salt to the pool.

With is your salt level?

Try to avoid tabs as much as possible. If you have an acid feeder, try to make sure that it's not set to keep to ph below 7.6. If you're going through a lot of acid, a Lower TA can help.

With no tabs being used, a TA of about 60 should work.

If you raised the TA to 80, the acid feeder would begin pumping acid until the TA got down below 60, and then you would have to add more bicarb and the cycle of acid/bicarb would begin again. This just wastes money and chemicals and adds alot of salt to the pool.

With is your salt level?

Thank you for the advice and explanation I got everything, but I don't know to measure for salt could you advice? And is the salt been added?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.