Question About Leaking Pool

Jun 22, 2015
Hudson, NH
I first noticed my pool leaking last summer when I would go away for a few days and come back to my pool a foot lower. There is a patch on my liner next to the skimmer housing which I thought was the culprit but the water fell below it. I decided to deal with it in the spring and here we are. I have went around and looked for liner tears where the water level is now but can find no such tear.

Any ideas on how the water could be leaking past the skimmer that I can't see?

You say it went past the patch by the skimmer BUT did it go all the way past the skimmer? How close to getting a new liner are you? Is there any water on the ground around the pool?

Kim (no cheering on this one)

I believe it went all the way past the skimmer once I stopped maintaining the water level during the fall. I haven't considered buying a new liner because it's my mothers pool and I don't plan on living here forever.

My dad (doesn't live with us anymore) said the water level could have dropped as far as it did over the winter because I covered the pool without air bags and water filled in pushing it down and in turn forcing water out of the pool. The patch next to my skimmer housing does seem to be peeling and water stains have developed on the outside of the pool where the patch is. I am going to re patch it today and fill her up to see if it fixes anything.

Carefully check for damp, wet spots of dirt or gravel around the perimeter of your pool. That should be the first thing you do. When you are able to swim, get a syringe and fill it with dye. Swim underwater with goggles and check the liner seams for leakage by using the dye.

If the dye escapes out of a hole, you found your leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.