Question about brushing pool doing SLAM

Jun 8, 2016
Tampa
So I'm on my second SLAM and have been brushing the pool every day. Each time I do, I push up a decent amount of an algae cloud from settling on the bottom of the pool.
I'm assuming this is normal and why it's important to brush your pool each day during a slam. My question is around the pump / filter. So we've been running our pump 24x7 on Low and when I'm not doing a slam, it seems that this is more then sufficient to keep the pool clean. During this time of brushing, should I move the pump to high in an effort to have a better collection rate on this algae that settles to the bottom?

I just read the Mustard Algae thread and can't help but wonder if what I'm seeing is Pollen with each brushing, since it's in the shade and the sun, consistent on only the bottom and not the walls....
Also have a very old large oak tree that sits about 25-30 feet to the north of the pool.

Run your pump on high during the SLAM. You need and want all the cleaning power you can produce and a low speed pump won't do that. Run it on high, brush often, vacuum as necessary. Follow the SLAM article.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.