Santa Clarita, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have noticed a recurring pattern of my pool dropping by 1/2” to 3/4” per day until it reaches a certain level.

I have measured a starting point in my skimmer about one inch from the top of the mouth. Each time I fill the pool to that starting point, my pool drops 1.75” below that level (about middle of skimmer mouth) at a rate of 0.5” to 0.75” per day. Is this most likely a skimmer leak or a leak at the tile line?

Let the pool leak and see what level the water stabilizes at. That gives you a clue as to where the leak likely is.

Let the pool leak and see what level the water stabilizes at. That gives you a clue as to where the leak likely is.

The quick drop in water stops at around the middle of skimmer mouth opening. After that, I lose no water except to evaporation.

The quick drop in water stops at around the middle of skimmer mouth opening. After that, I lose no water except to evaporation.
Do you have an auto-drain/overfill port somewhere? Water may be draining automatically thinking it's too high. If not, then check everywhere in the skimmer and around the waterline where the water level stops dropping to see if there is a potential leak at that water height.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.