QUARTZSCAPE FAILURE. Anyone else? Please help!

Sbouriki

Apr 14, 2020
phoenix, az
We had a Quartzscape Tahoe blue done on our brand new pool in February 2019. The product was purchased from NPT Tile. After the job was completed I asked the plaster guy about the discoloration and some of the foot
prints that were visible on the surface - he told me that it takes time for the pool chemicals and PH to settle and for the true color to come out and defects to go away. He said it can take upwards of a year for it to really settle in place. We waited until August of 2019 and contacted him again to let him know that nothing had improved - in fact things just kept getting worse despite having pool maintenance/chemical records showing that everything was in the right range.

The pool plaster company owner came by to look at the issues we were having and said that it was a product defect and not a workmanship issue. He arranged for NPT tile to come take a look. Over the next couple of months they ran various "tests" and then responded to use by saying that it is not a product issue and the lifetime warranty that comes with the product is not applicable to help repair the issue. They said our water is "too aggressive" without stating facts as to how. I have talked with multiple pool maintenance and repair companies who have laughed at what they said. Since this I have tried contacting the plaster guy multiple times and he is ignoring my calls. NPT Tile is also ignoring our calls. I just submitted a complaint with the AZ board of contractors. Next step will likely be to hire a lawyer.

I just found this website and saw some other people had similar issues. Can you guys share your pics on this forum? Has anyone had issues with NPT? Did they resolve it?
Suggestions on how to proceed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3282 (1).PNG
    IMG_3282 (1).PNG
    389.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3281 (1).PNG
    IMG_3281 (1).PNG
    384.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3280 (1).PNG
    IMG_3280 (1).PNG
    409.7 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for your input. My pool maintenance guy recommended to try acid washing a very small section to see if it makes it any better. The pool maintenance guy said when they did the install they may name have acid washed it // or acid washed it properly. I am holding off on doing anything until the ROC comes out to take a look, and go from there.

Anyone else have issues with NPT or similar installs and were able to resolve, or at least make things better?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.