Quantum - 15'x30' Oval

ShawnH

Aug 3, 2020
Ohio
Hi all,

We have a deposit down for a new Quantum oval above ground pool. Not likely to get the install completed until late September which means we will basically be getting it installed, having a test run for a week or so and then likely closing up for the winter. We purchased a package from The Great Escape - there were really very few options but we wanted an oval and the Quantum was one of just a couple options available. We are also adding a gas heater to the install.

We are having two trees removed from the backyard and are also planning a fence replacement. The fence replacement doesn't seem likely to happen until the first week in October, so of course, timing is poor all the way around.

On a positive note, the permit for the pool was issued so that is one less thing to worry about. Not planning a deck as we have an existing gazebo that will be in close proximity to the pool as well as a deck on the house. I'll try posting a layout of what we are planning...

Shawn

Reactions: mcampbell1981
Welcome to TFP!

I am fairly new also to TFP and am waiting for a pool from the Great Escape (The Athena) which is scheduled for installation on 9/9. I plan on getting a heater also and am hoping to get up to a month (Max) to use the new pool. Hopefully we both have a mild Fall in the Midwest.

One thing I have been told from the beginning, from seasoned TFP members, is get a test kit now. I just ordered the TF-100 which is supposed to be a very good kit. I'm sure some others can provide more details since I am learning myself.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Reactions: mcampbell1981
Here is a layout of what we are planning. The red line is the new fence that will be installed - extending the fenced in portion of yard (bottom line). The two trees in the fenced in area will be removed. Permit for the pool is place - so now we wait until the 9/25 install.

Attachments

• Pool Layout 2.jpg
    Pool Layout 2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 27
Congrats! We did a 15x30 oval from Light House pools about 2 years ago.

One thing I would suggest is doing a small deck (we did a 10-10ft) at one end of the pool. Even having a small deck is a absolute game changer rather then walking up a ladder into the pool. Also We converted to salt this year and it has been fantastic. Once dialed in the pool pretty much runs itself.

Have fun with it!

Well, got the pool installed and filled yesterday. Plumber and electrician coming next week. Everything seemed to go as planned - have the equipment tentatively placed...

I did have to replace a hose that was leaking - seemed to be cracked, however, installers wouldn't of known with no water. Hoping for a few good days of weather in early October.

Attachments

• xcjcZ4OvSi6k6v58I7byPQ.jpg
    xcjcZ4OvSi6k6v58I7byPQ.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 33
  • w9vc+s0DSuKGpf2xDMJQTA.jpg
    w9vc+s0DSuKGpf2xDMJQTA.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 09e8JnwfQPql7KKsd21t%w.jpg
    09e8JnwfQPql7KKsd21t%w.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Casey
Hi all,

We have a deposit down for a new Quantum oval above ground pool. Not likely to get the install completed until late September which means we will basically be getting it installed, having a test run for a week or so and then likely closing up for the winter. We purchased a package from The Great Escape - there were really very few options but we wanted an oval and the Quantum was one of just a couple options available. We are also adding a gas heater to the install.

We are having two trees removed from the backyard and are also planning a fence replacement. The fence replacement doesn't seem likely to happen until the first week in October, so of course, timing is poor all the way around.

On a positive note, the permit for the pool was issued so that is one less thing to worry about. Not planning a deck as we have an existing gazebo that will be in close proximity to the pool as well as a deck on the house. I'll try posting a layout of what we are planning...

Shawn
I was thinking about getting the same exact pool. How is it holding up? do you like it? was it buried partially in the ground? the place I am looking at says it can be safely buried 2.5 feet

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.